Sunday, June 16, 2013

Healing My Gut- Entry 1

Hi everyone. As some of you know I am gluten intolerance. I have been gluten free for about 7 months. I was still wondering why I still am having problems, such as gallbladder pain, stomach pain, and acne. Yes, I think my acne is caused from my gut problems. 
I have been doing lots of research and realized my gut probably isn't healed from the gluten damage. Yes I eat lots of fruits and veggies but I eat a lot of raw things. And nuts. And those things can be hard on your digestive system, preventing your gut from healing properly. (This might now be true for everyone but I believe it for myself.) 
Yesterday I decided to go on a Gut Healing journey. Because I felt very bloated after eating the past few days and was having some gallbladder and stomach pain.
I'm gonna be eating very simple foods. I will lists all the floods I am allowing myself and a list I'm trying to avoid now. (there will be pictures of some foods I'm allowing myself).

NOTE- I don't do well with fiber at all! 
I have read that when healing your gut it's best to cook all produce (apart from smoothies and juices)
I don't think I'll be doing any greens for now but that might change, As I learn more things will probably change, I don't know everything about healing my gut so there is always more to learn.

Foods I WILL Have:
Bone broth soup, or chicken broth soup.
Fish- salmon, codd, ect.
Canned fish- salmon, tuna.
eggs
Cooked veggies- celery, carrots, squash, beets, sweet potatoes, green beans.
Cooked fruits- all fruits but limiting my intake
(maybe) Raw bananas (the only raw fruit I plan to eat because it's very creamy and easier to digest)
(maybe avocados)
(maybe seeds)
Kefir
Smoothies and juices
herbal teas
unsweetened coconut milk
coconut sugar and possibly stevia 

Foods to avoid: 
any gluten (of course)
rice
oats
All meat but fish 
broccoli
cauliflower
caggage
garlic
onoins
tamatoes
beans
'sugar' (any normal sugar. White sugar, honey, or any added sugars as much as i can)
ALL nuts


 This is my chicken broth soup with celery, carrots, cumin, coriander, and bay leaves (all of those spices are good for healing your gut) This is probably going to be most of what I eat.
 Vegan Strawberry milkshake- 
I did use rice milk in this but I will be using unsweetened coconut milk for this journey. I'm allowing myself these and other smoothies and juices because they are much easier to digest than whole fruits. I have a feeling this will be a go to breakfast for me.
 And if I happen to be out somewhere I'm gonna try to find a low sugar green tea, 
And if I have to eat out, I'll probably get something like this. (that's berries, beats and tuna salad)


 

6 comments:

  1. This all sounds great! I am gluten intolerant, too. I really love juicing, but sometimes it makes my stomach burn if the ratio of fruit to veg is too high. I really like being vegan. Its pretty much solved all of my digestive pain :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I need to get a good juicer.. Ours is so hard to use and clean! Yeah I haven't had dairy is so long but it's for the best :) That's good to hear!

      Delete
  2. I knew that it can take some time before a full recover, so be patient :)

    http://ginnyschoice.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck dear, these changes are for the best! I'm cheering you on:)

    ReplyDelete