Monday, February 17, 2014

♡ Andalou Naturals Review- (Age Defying) Skin & Hair ♡


I had been reading about Andalou Naturals from other green beauty bloggers so I started researching. I'm very pleased with their ingredients and think it's great they have different product lines for different things.

Product Lines:
Age Defying- Dry, Sensitive and mature skin
Brightening- Sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and dark spots,
Clearifying- Active & Oily skin.

Andalou products use a fruit stem cell science-
"Our Fruit Stem Cell Science provides 'universal cells' to renew, repair and regenerate healthy skin."

They have so much helpful information on their website and you can email them for specific questions.

I have yet to try anything accept the Age Defying products- Not for anti aging but for my sensitive skin in the dryness of winter.

I'm gonna go over the Apricot Probiotic Cleansing Milk, Blossom + Leaf Toning Refresher, Daily Defense SPF 18 Lotion, and the Thinning Hair Shampoo.




Okay starting with the Apricot Probiotic Cleansing Milk- $10
Claims-
"Fruit Stem Cell Complex and probiotic microflora calm irritation and stimulate cell turnover for improved dermal immunity. Nourishing aloe vera, apricot and borage oils gently loosen and remove make-up and impurities, while restoring intracellular moisture and a healthy glow."

Alright now you know how much I love the Bissoma cleanser...I gotta say...This might be better! Yep, I said it. I haven't even had this long and I already love it. The great thing about this is that it's so creamy! It's fairly moisturizing. Lately the sides of my cheek/jaw area has been very prone to dryness, so even water dries that part of my skin out. I think even the Blissoma cleanser would make my cheeks a little dry if even water does. But nothing a little serum can't help.
 The scent is wonderful as well, it smells like fresh apricot that is so energizing to use. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin (or acne). I think it actually does calm skin irritation, but maybe I just think so cause I'm looking for it. I don't know how this does for removing makeup.
At only $10, you gotta try this. (I got mine at the vitamin shoppe but you can also get it on LuckyVitamin.com, Vitacost.com, or at Whole Foods. 


The texture is thick at first but thins out with water. It leaves your skin smelling amazing, but not overpowering.
I tried using this as a mask but it made my dryness worse. Using as directed works best for me.

Blossom + Leaf Toning Refresher- $10
Claims-
"Fruit Stem Cell Complex, superfruit antioxidants, and aloe vera polysaccharides protect, hydrate, and replenish essential nutrients, soothing irritation and balancing skin’s delicate pH, as uplifting notes of geranium and orange leaf refresh for a healthy glow."

This is a great toner. The scent is pretty floral, not really in the best way, but it's bearable.
I actually used this for a while as a cleanser and toner together, just by using it on a cotton round. It cleanses my face without being drying at all. It is to balance skin's PH and prep skin for moisture. 
It doesn't irritate my skin at all and helps calm redness a little bit. It does hydrate as well.
I really like it, sad to say it's already over half way gone now.




Andalou Naturals Ultra Sheer Daily Defense Facial Lotion- with SPF 18- $10
Claims-
"Perfect for sensitive skin, this ultra-sheer SPF facial lotion provides essential moisture with proven broad spectrum protection. Fruit Stem Cells and BioActive 8 Berry Complex help defend against UV and environmental damage, while stimulating healthy cell renewal for optimum age-defying benefits."


The texture is great! It's creamy and very spreadable! It blends in well without a white cast!


Andalou Naturals Argan Stem Cell Shampoo- $10
Claims-
"Best prepares hair and scalp, washing away toxins, debris, and excess sebum that can block follicles.
-Fortifies Hair Fibers against Split Ends  
-Amplifies Hair Texture and Body 
 -Strengthens Strands to Reduce Breaks 
 -Cleanses and Stimulates for Growth 
 -Actively Nourishes for Healthy Shine"

This is a good shampoo! I'm not saying it's the best shampoo I've ever used or anything. But it's nice! It's moisturizing to my hair and actually does give it some more volume. I'm not crazy about the scent of this though...it's kind of manly an I just prefer more girly, sweet scents.

So there is everything! Have you tried anything from Andalou? If so, what? Any favorites? I can't wait to try more from them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment