Monday, May 6, 2013

♡ Lunch and Smoothie of The Day! Cabbage Wraps + Berry Smoothie ♡

I know I already did a post today but I just made these for lunch and they are AMAZING! I had to write this right away! My sister Brittany saw something like this on Pinterest so I wanted to try it. When you are vegetarian and gluten free, lunch kinda gets hard to find something so this is great because it's different!

 I cooked some bell pepper, onion, and tomato to stuff these with, along with some boiled eggs, and lettuce.


 I put a little but of water in a small pot and kind of steamed the cabbage leaves (MAKE SURE THESE ARE WHOLE LEAFS, since that's what you're using to wrap everything in) and I covered it with a plate and cooked till it looks like.....
...THIS! You want it pretty well done so it's easy to bite. I learned that the hard way and made the first one underdone. It wasn't very easy to bite :P

 These are great with a little french dressing on it.
You could put anything in here! Tuna salad, quacamole, you could even do it taco style! I really hope you try this out! :)

(Update) I tried these wraps again and stuffed them with tuna, lettuce, tomatoe, and french and wrapped it a different way, so I wanted to show you, they look so cute and are a little easier to eat!


I thought I'd go ahead and show you my smoothie of the day to!

What i Used:
1 Banana,

some frozen raspberries (maybe about 6 or 7),
about 5 frozen blueberries,
and maybe 1 and 1/2 cup of orange juice!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment