Wednesday, April 17, 2013

♡ (Paleo) Lemon Bars! ♡

Time for another Paleo recipe! These are seriously SO good!! I got the recipe here! 



What you need: (Crust)
2 cups of raw almonds,
1/4 cup of honey,
1/2 cup of melted coconut oil,
2 tablespoons of coconut flour,
2 eggs.

What you need: (topping)
6 eggs,
1 cup of fresh lemon juice,
1/2 cup of honey,
1/2 cup coconut oil,
dash of salt,
and if you want, coconut flakes for the top


For the crust:

Preheat the oven to 350,
Put the almonds in a food processor and pulse til you have small chucks. Don't over pulse or it'll turn to almond flour or butter,
Now put all of the other ingredients for the crust in a mixing bowl and well...mix!
Line a 8x12 baking dish with parchment paper and press the crust mix into the bottom (I just used my hands, it worked best. Because the crust was cold, I had left it in the fridge overnight before use and it was fine), I had enough of the mix to make a little extra, because I didn't want a very thick crust.
Bake for 15 minutes (or till the edges are slightly golden)
then just let it cool.

(Te picture is before they went in the oven)
 For the topping:

In a sauce pan whisk together eggs, lemon juice, honey and salt over medium heat. (I made sure I had everything ready before adding them in.)
If your coconut oil is melted go ahead and mix that in slowly.
Continue to whisk the mixture until it starts to thicken. This took me about 15 minutes or more, it should be like pudding that isn't all the way done, hope that makes sense! After that just take it off the heat and let it cool!
!

 Then pour the topping on the crust evenly and freeze until it's set (and somewhat frozen), this took about 3 to 4 hours for me.
After that you can move it to the fridge!

 And that's it, even though it sounds kind of complicated it's very easy if you get everything out before hand. It does take a while but it isn't hard and it is quite worth it! I ended up having more than I was excpecting, good thing to! ;)



1 comment:

  1. These are seriously sooooo good! Thank you for making them baby girl!

    ReplyDelete