Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Green Apple Sorbet (Paleo, Gluten free, Vegan,) with the Vitamix

We just got the Vitamix not long ago, It can make pretty much any smoothie or frozen treat you can think of! We got it at Whole Foods, there was a guy doing demo's of it and talking about it, this was one of the things he made, it is SO good! There's still some in my freezer! NOTE: I don't know how this will work with a normal blender :P

You will need:
1/2 cup of apple juice concentrate,
a very small palmful of spinach, (you can add more as you like)
1 tablespoon of honey, (or sweetener of your choice)
3 cups of ice.

Put everything in the Vitamix, turn on low 1, then slowly turn up to 10, then high. I needed to use the stopper to push everything down a few times, then just wait for everything to blend, then it will sound kind of different and it should form 4 big mounds of the sorbet on the sides. This took a while for me and I had to add more ice till I saw this. Then that's it. It melts slowly so it ends up for like a icee! But it is sooo tastey!




No comments:

Post a Comment