Monday, June 9, 2014

Food Affects Energy

I knew food affects our energy levels but I hadn't really experienced it for myself like I did yesterday... For the past couple of weeks I've been doing fairly well eating healthy and lots of raw foods, but yesterday I had french toast sticks for breakfast, pad thai for lunch, chocolate covered raisins, a starbucks chai tea, and a smore (all gluten free) and felt so tired! 
I tried to do a bogilates workout (that I've done before) and could barely get through it. When I did it before I did have to stop a few times but not as much as this time.. I was stopping every couple of reps. I felt drained, cranky, bloated and very tired.
It just goes to show natural raw foods give you so much energy. Packaged foods drain you. And honestly right now I'm not craving raw foods, I'm craving the junk.
Packaged foods are so "easy" sometimes...We can grab some french toast sticks for breakfast and it's fast, it keeps us full till lunch and honestly it does taste good. But how did I feel when I got to lunch? Drained, and slightly grumpy. Not happy and full of energy like I am when eating healthy foods.
A good gaol to set is to eat more raw foods than packaged, it makes a big difference trust me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment