Friday, June 27, 2014

♡ DIY Sea Salt Beachy Hair Spray (Natural) ♡

Hello my dearies, since it IS now summer I wanted to make my own sea salt spray, cause who doesn't love those beachy waves? (Speaking of which, I pin a ton of hairstyles on my pinterest)
So here is my sea salt spray and how it makes my hair look.
 D.I.Y Sea Salt Spray:
3/4 cup of warm water

1/2 teaspoon of sea salt
1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon of any hair gel or cream. (I used the Andalou naturals Argan & Orange hair styling cream)
and a few drops of essential oil (this is optional) (I used sweet orange oil(

I mixed everything together in a measuring cup, poured it in a old toner bottle, and shook it up and that's it! Very easy and cheap!

There's a few different ways you can use this...
For the first used i just sprayed it in 2 day old hair (meaning I hadn't washed it the day before, but the day before that. ), twisted sections of my hair and let it dry. Once dry i just shook it out. Here's how that turned out...

For the second style I washed my hair, let it dry half way, sprayed it down with the spray and put it in a french braid and then slept on it...


As you can see it doesn't have to be perfect.
Here's how that turned out...

 That one was a major fail...

And lastly I washed my hair, dried it, sprayed it down, twisted it like such...
Let it dry and shook it out.
 
So the first and last turned out the best I think! Once you sleep with it in your hair it kind of makes your hair look like you haven't washed it in a few days haha. Overall I love the spray though. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment