Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Sugar Detox Diary #1

If you saw my last Gut Healing post , then you know I'm having a Mini Sugar Detox. And this "diary" will be a place for me to write my sugar intakes and how I feel that day. Mainly so I can keep up with it and see how bad sugar makes me feel when I do have it so maybe I'll learn to stay away from it :P
 (I'm not starting this on Monday since I just thought it of.)
By the way my rule is to have NO sugar accept fruit.

Wednesday-

Breakfast- Smoothie with pineapple, peach, plain kefir, and almond milk (unsweetened)
Lunch- Omlet with carrots, peas, and shrimp
Snacks- a banana with peanut butter (with sugar), raisins, coconut, and (unsweetened) carob chips.
Another smoothie with blueberry, pineapple, ice and coconut milk (with sugar).
2 small mug fulls of cereal- koala crisps, and Vans cinnamon haven with coconut milk (all with sugar in them)
A small plate of gluten free spaghetti with beef and tomato sauce (I think the sauce had some sugar as well..)
Dinner- Smoothie with pineapple, banana, ice, orange juice and unsweetened almond milk. (that was a light dinner since I was snacking so much so late.)

How I feel-
BAD! My stomach is cramping with pain off and on. And my acne is more red and itchy.

So what I shouldn't have had was- peanut butter, cereal, and milks with sugar. It may not seam like much but for me, it's too much for my body to handle. 

Thursday-
Breakfast- Cooked apples, blueberries and raisins, eggs with shrimp, banana chocolate shake.
Lunch- Salad with crandberries, cucumber, red wine dressing and salmon.
Snack- Banana with (unsweetened) almond butter, and an apple larabar. 
Dinner- Soup with carrot, chicken, and celery. And some (GF) spaghetti with tomato sauce and beef. 
Dessert- Prunes and (unsweetened) raspberry banana kefir.

Oh and the only 'sugar' I had was one square of 60% cacao chocolate. (and that was only because my mom bought it for me :)

How I feel-
Not as bad as yesterday at all but I am still having some gut pain. Plus I didn't have enough water today and my acne is still very red and irritated but not as itchy today.

I don't think I had any sugar on Friday.

Saturday- I don't remember most of what I ate but the only sugar I had was a mugful of koala crisps.

Sunday- I had a cup of hot ginger tea with a SMALL spoon of honey. 

 

2 comments:

  1. So good to do the sugar detox! When your body isn't "addicted" to the sugar anymore, it won't be as hard to stay away from it. I don't even like sugary things now.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I keep having a few cheats but this week I'm really gonna try! (cheats being a few bittersweet chocolate chips, a spoon of amlond butter, or something that has sauce that has sugar in it.) Thanks so much!

      XX -Taylor

      Delete