Tuesday, July 9, 2013

♡ Maple Shortcake (Paleo) ♡

This is the best paleo cake I have made so far. Even my dad and grandmother liked it! 
Here is the original recipe. I changed it just a little and was very happy with how it came out. It taste like the shortcakes you get for strawberry shortcakes, but more mapley which I LOVE! And the great thing about these cakes is, they don't have that weird 'gritty' or mushy coconut flour texture. I think it's all the eggs, it uses a lot but it makes the texture like 'normal' cakes!
So let me tell ya how to make these little sweet morsels! 

Ingredients- 
6 eggs
1/4 maple syrup
1/4 coconut sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 (a lil less) salt
heaping 1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup coconut oil (I use a little less)
2 tablespoons apple sauce


Start by beating the eggs in a bowl with a hand mixer to get some air into the batter,
Put everything else (*ACCEPT THE COCONUT OIL AND COCONUT FLOUR) in the bowl and blend with a hand mixer,
Pour the mixture in a pot and heat on the stove over medium heat,
Add in the coconut oil into the warm batter (it needs to be warm so the coconut oil won't get hard and cause clumps of oil),
Pour the batter back in the bowl and mix in coconut flour (I know it sounds like a lot to do but it is very easy and SO worth it.)
Pour batter in greased pan (muffin tin, cake pan, or loaf pans) (I used muffin tin and loaf pan)
The original recipe said to bake for 35 minutes at 350. (So I just made these again and they were done in 15 minutes but the first time it took over 20. The first time I think the batter was a little thinner, so set your timer for 15 in case it doesn't take long.







I used a mixture of honey, coconut milk, vanilla, and coconut flour for the frosting, but it had a gritty texture so I'm still working on making a better frosting :P

I really hope yall try out these cakes. They are AMAZING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment