Thursday, July 4, 2013

Paleo- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Dessert!

Time for some more Paleo food! Instead of making different post' for all of these, I'm just putting it all in one! Here are some recipe's for Paleo Blueberry Pancakes,
Acorn Squash/Sweet Potato Squares, (with a side of green eggs)
Cucumber Tuna Salad,
Cod Fritters,
and Apple Berry Crumble

I saw these paleo blueberry pancakes on pinterest and they looked so good! (Original recipe- http://lmichellek.com/paleo-pancakes/)

Since I didn't have blueberries I used blackberry which worked fine for me.
I also added about 1 and a half tablespoons of almond milk after I made the first pancake, the batter was so thick and hard to use.


So they don't look like the picture of the recipe but they were actually really good! It's hard to find good paleo pancakes, so I might actually make these again!

Acorn Squash/Sweet Potato Squares-




 I changed the original recipe a little.
Ingredients-
I used about a cup and 1/4 of cooked acorn squash
1 cup sweet potato,
1 banana
4 eggs,
lots of cinnamon,
and about 1/3 cup of applesauce
Coconut and cinnamon on top (add this when it's almost done so it doesn't burn)

Topping-
I blended about 5 blackberries,
4 strawberries,
and some lemon juice.

After blending, I strained it and cooked it on the stove and added about 2 teaspoons of coconut sugar.
I had this for breakfast with some green eggs!

Green Eggs-
I used my vitamix to blend up 2 raw eggs,
and a small handful of spinach
(if I had it I would have added) a few basil leaves.

Then just made them like scrambled eggs. I don't like the slimey-ness of cooked spinach so cooked this way there was none of that.

Cucumber Tuna Salad

I was searching Pinterest for a paleo cucumber tuna salad but didn't find anything! So I just made my own.

Ingredients-
3 to 5 small cucumbers (or just 1 big one) *IMPORTANT- After shredding the cucumbers use paper towels to get off the water from them or your salad will be VERY watery.
2 to 3 cans of tuna (I like a little more tuna than cucumber but you can add however much you want)
1 cup of halved grapes. (or less if you don't like as many)

for the dressing-
2 tablespoons of mayo (i used olive oil mayo)
a little less than a tablespoon brown mustard
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon olive oil
salt and pepper

*Mix as little as possible so it doesn't turn to mush :P

Cod Fritters-
 (orginal recipe)

My mom actually changed this from the original recipe quite a bit but they. were. AMAZING! They taste just like 'normal fish sticks' but better in my opinion!

Ingredients-
1 pound cooked cod (about 2 cups)
a little less than a cup of cooked sweet potato
2 tablespoons coconut flour
2 eggs
1 tablespoon of  parsley and basil (it called for just parsley so we did half and half)
1 tablespoon dijon mustard

After mixing everything together we fried then in some coconut and olive oil.
I will be making these again for sure!
salt and pepper


Apple Berry Crumble-

Ingredients-
Filling-
3 cooked apples (cooked with cinnamon)
4 raw berries (I used black but I think raspberry would be amazing)
4 raw strawberries (I used raw berries so they didn't over cook with the apples)

Topping-
2 tablespoons coconut flour
1 tablespoon flax meal (or just ground flax, I think it's about the same)
1 tablespoon coconut sugar
a few dashes of cinnamon
about 1 tablespoon of coconut oil. I used a little less but it could have used a lil more to make it more 'crumbley'

 Put the filling in a oven safe bowl,
Mix the topping up in a bowl or mug,
sprinkle on top and lightly press it down (very lightly)
Bake at 350 for about 15 to 20 minutes.
You'll know it's done when the filling is bubbling and the topping is lightly browned and crisped


I made a cream topping for this as well.

Ingredients-
2 tablespoons of coconut butter
1 tablespoon coconut milk (canned and chilled. use the thick milk from the top for this)
1 taspoon maple syrup
a dash of cinnamon

Use a max mixer to beat this and make it fluffy.

So there you have it. Hope it wasn't a paleo recipe overload :)

No comments:

Post a Comment