Tuesday, July 15, 2014

♡ Piggy Paint Natural Nail Polish Haul ♡

I'm honestly so excited to do this post! I've recently really been into nail polish again, and since I trashed all my non natural polishes guess who had to stock back up? (It's this girl)
So along with the Mineral Fusion polish I got from Whole Foods I also ordered from Piggy Paint! Adorable name right? Piggy Paint claims to be "natural as mud" and they are VERY low odor. At first they kind of smelled like sweettarts to me but only slightly haha. You can say goodbye to that horrible scent and coughing that comes with using non natural polishes, when I use this I barely smell it at all! :D

Piggy Paint Ingredients Water, acrylates copolymers, melia azadirachta (neem oil).  May contain: mica, red 34 lake, ultramarines, titanium dioxide, iron oxide pigments.
  
  • Wash hands with soap and water.
  • Apply 2 -3 thin coats of Piggy Paint.
  • Air dry 60 seconds.
  • Blow dry polished nails for 1 minute with hair dryer set on warm heat/low blower setting

 Here are the colors I got- Peace Of Cake, Sea- Quin, and Mint To Be

Peace Of Cake is a gorgeous BRIGHT neon peachy pink. My nails are still a little wet in the swatches for this and sea quin, I just wante d to show the color on my nail.
 Sea- Quin is a bright sea blue color. These are all creme finishes by the way.
 Mint to be is a creme mint color. (first picture in natural light, second in bathroom light.)
 I'm not sure if you can tell but these polishes can apply slightly streaky so you have to work with them a little bit. For the first 2 colors I have 2 coats on, for the mint I used 3 since it was kind of streaky. 
They recommend using a hair dryer to dry your nails but I was painting mine in a bit of hurry the other day so I just let them dry on the way to work. I already had some chips but one day later but keep in mine I DID do them in a hurry and don't have a natural base or top coat yet so I'm sure that would help a lot. I'll keep you update on how they wear when I do get those though.

Leave me a comment with your favorite natural nail polish brand and color. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oooo, you got me switching over to natural polishes! You applied them really well! the blue looks great also with natural polishes do they last long? xo

    http://jennoshealth.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!! Thank you! The piggy paint only lasted a couple of days but i"m sure it'd do better with a base and top coat. The zoya lasts about 5 or more days! Same with the Mineral Fusion :)

      Delete