Saturday, March 8, 2014

♡ Green Your Routine- Acure Lotion SS #10 ♡

Skincare Saturday #10? I can't believe I've kept up with it this long!
This is also a Green Your Routine. Finding a natural product of something you use a lot OR finding a natural alternative for things you barely hear about in the natural world (like razors).

When it comes to lotion I really wanted to switch that to natural as soon as I can since I like to slather it all over my body.


The Acure lotion is wonderful! The lemongrass scent I have seriously smells like spring air! And just a little like citrus. I got this not even a month ago an it's already more than half gone! 
The other great thing about this is that it moisturizes enough without feeling greasy or oily! This is far from oily! I had the orange scent before but like this one even more.
This is a perfect lotion for me. I got it from Whole Foods for $9 but you can get it on LuckyVitamin or Vitacost for just a but cheaper.

Things to look for in lotion-
Aloe: Aloe is naturally calming and soothing.
Butters: (shea butter, cocoa butter, mango butter) These natural butters are very deeply nourishing and moisturizing to skin.
Oils: (Olive oil, coconut oil, rosehip oil, evening primrose oil, avacado oil, ect.) Natural oils are wonderful for moisturizing your skin and making it glow.

Things to AVOID in lotion-
Alcohol- This is drying to skin.
Water- Although this isn't bad for you it again can be naturally drying.
Silicones- This is a 'fake' moisturizer. It acts kind of likes plastic to coat the skin, keeping anything from leaving your skin or good things (like vid. D) from the sun) out of your skin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment