Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Going Green TAG!

I feel like I'm a bit late on this but let's just go with it eh?
I was tagged by Amy from Disguised By Zebra's, and Crystel from Clean Beauty Craze. Thank you both so much for tagging me!!

QUESTIONS: 

1. What started it all off for you?
I think it started when me and my family started eating better. I started looking at the ingredients in my beauty/personal care products.





2. What was the first thing to go? (Ingredient or product) Parabens and Sulfates for sure.



3. What are you or what did you struggle to let go of?
I haven't really struggled to let go of anything. Every non natural thing I have let go of I have found better natural products.


4. What has been your best find? (i.e a green product or a tip that you're really glad you've found/learnt)
Creamy cleansers probably. My skin hates anything that lathers. A couple of products I have been loving lately are the Acure lemongrass lotion, the Rainwater Botanicals Antioxidant serum, and the Andalou Naturals Apricot Cleansing Milk. (those are all talked about in my February Favorites) And coconut oil of course is amazing ;)


5. What has been the worst thing about going green? What has been the hardest to transition or find an adequate green replacement of?
I have yet to find anything bad about going green. Other than it's a little harder to get your hands on natural products.


6. Anything else to add? Any tips or tricks to pass on? Start off slow, don't trash and replace everything all at once. It's a journey for sure. Do your research, don't rely on product packaging to tell you how natural something is.

Buy online if you can. It's much cheaper. I like using LuckyVitamin and Vitacost.
Follow natural bloggers. This has helped me SO much! It's great seeing real people opinions of products and helps you find less popular brands.
And speaking as someone with acne, don't expect your acne to magically go away. Diet as A LOT to do with your skin. My skin is at it's best when I eat mostly raw fruits and veggies. With lots of water and no sugar :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment