Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Green Apple Smoothie


I love having a smoothie first thing in the morning, it gets my day going on a healthy note (instead of reaching for a yummy cupcake). This is a very nutrient packed green smoothie.

All of these measurements can be altered to how you like it, sometimes I add more of something or less than I have on here. I never measure, this is just to give you an idea of how much I use.

Half a green apple
3/4 cup frozen fruit (I like peaches)
1/2 cup fresh pineapple
small handful of spinach (about 3/4 cup)
5 ice cupes
1 teaspoon flaxseed meal
2 probiotic capsules
1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
a splash of canned coconut milk
1 cup orange juice (can be fresh or just with no added sugars)
1/2 cup almond milk (the almond milk makes it more filling)

The flax and probiotics are totally optional, I just like adding as much nutrition as I can. Any of these ingredients can be swapped out for whatever you like really, if you don't like pineapple, swap it out for a different fruit you enjoy. :)

I used a vitamix for this. If you don't have one, just make sure you have a nice high power blender that will chop up those apples well.



No comments:

Post a Comment