Monday, April 21, 2014

♡ GRWM- Natural Look + Beauty & Body Image ♡




These pictures are actually from a different day but essentially the same look as in the video.

TANF Eye Primer,
TANF Dark Brown Diva Stick for liner,
OhSudz Light Warm concealer under my eyes.

In the video I used the Alba Tangerine lip balm. But in the pictures I used my Burts Bees Pink Blossom tinted balm, both with Brija Painting Roses lip gloss.

In the video I talk a little bit about my opinion on what beauty really is and body image...
Beauty isn't makeup, or the clothes you wear. To me beauty is how you take care of yourself and your personality shining through and impacting others. It's being a kind and loving person. It's being a genuine and beautiful person in your heart.
I heard that it's either 40% or 60% of guys find women most attractive with less makeup....why? Because we don't need it. I love that Micah tells me I'm beautiful even when I have no makeup on, my hair isn't done, and I'm bumming in my pj's, But he still sees true beauty in me. <3
Makeup isn't beauty, sure we can use it to make the best of our beauty, but not to cover it up. 
I feel my best when I'm doing yoga or some kind of exercise or just eating healthy foods, because I know I'm taking care of myself. 
I know there's always something we can find to dislike about our bodies...for me it's my stomach.. It's not flat, and may never be flat, it may just be my body type. But even if I never have a flat stomach doesn't mean I'm not beautiful. And sometimes even if we do improve a part of our bodies, we still don't think it looks good enough, either we find something else to dislike or we obsess over one part not looking how we want and even if we do improve it we can't see past our insecurities to notice.... I know, I've been there.
I want you to watch this video.. I love what one of the girls say about looking yourself in the mirror and finding something that is beautiful everyday, I've done that and it first if you're really insecure it feels like you're fooling yourself...but then you'll start to believe it, you'll start to see your true beauty. Even if you don't think so...You have a beautiful body... and even if I don't think so sometimes... I have a beautiful body.

(Yes this is a post for a GRWM but note it's a very natural look, I'm not trying to change myself. And I could (and do) easily go without makeup often)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment