Saturday, April 12, 2014

Green Your Routine- Deodorant!

It has been (and still is) so hard to find a natural deodorant that actually works. Here are some I've tried over the past several months and how they worked for me.


Tom's- This does not work for me at all. It actually makes me smell worse on the days I use this. It seems like the Lavender scent especially makes me smell worse. Other scents such as Apricot and Lemongrass seem to work slightly better. But I'm still better off not using any at all. Plus it's extremely wet and takes a while to dry. Trying to re-apply doesn't work well, it mixes with the odor and makes it worse. $4

Rainwater Botanicals- I love this brand but this didn't work for me at all. Once again it made me smell worse at the end of the day (neither of these last even half a day). It's not wet at all but it's very thick and VERY chunky, so much so that it's very hard to use. $8

Jason- This is the newest out of the 3 and has been working much better so far. It still doesn't last all day on me, I have to re-apply 1 or 2 times on a work day but it still works well for me. The texture is great for me. It's smooth, not chunky and dries quickly on me. However this didn't work well for my sister so it might not be for everyone. Out of the 3, this keeps me smelling the least. 

Under arm tips-
1. Try to keep up with shaving, I find I stink less when there's no hair for the scent to linger in.
2. Along with that try to exfoliate often, keeping the skin renewed and fresh. For my under arms I don't like to use a lot of heavy things so a scrub with lemon, honey, and sugar works well for me.
3. Don't wear deodorant everyday if you don't have to, sometimes my under arms can get used to 1 deodorant, making it not work as affectively.

2 comments:

  1. The first and last aluminum-free deodorant that I tried was Tom's. I noticed that my skin had started turning red and was pealing. It gave me like a chemical burn. I quit using it and started making my own. I've been doing that for 2-3 years now, and I've never had anyone tell me that I stink with it. I use baking soda, coconut oil, and arrow root. I found a recipe online for it, and I usually only have to make it about twice a year.

    ReplyDelete