Friday, September 19, 2014

Summer/Fall Skincare Routine

Hello my dear readers! It is time for my Summer into Fall skincare routine! Now let me just say I love doing skincare routines, skincare is probably one of my favorite things,
As you'll see in this post I do enjoy my moisturizers, but you don't need this many by no means.

Morning- 
For cleansing in the morning most of the time I just rinse my face with water. I fin if I use a cleanser morning and night it's a little too drying for my skin. (By the way my skin is sensitive/combo.)
This is were it gets fun, moisturizer! Most mornings I will use my Andalou Naturals Brightening Cream or my Avocado oil and most of the time I mix them.


 Just saying I love the texture of this cream, it's so silky and smooth! Almost gel-like.

Not gonna lie I don't always wear a SPF but when I do it's the Andalou Naturals daily defense, or the brightening bb cream.
Night- 
For cleansing if I'm wearing makeup I remove it with coconut oil (on the right).
Then I will cleanse with my Andalou Naturals brightening lemon cleanser.

Moisturizing is about the same as morning but sometimes I'll just use avocado oil, or coconut oil (only 1 to 2 times a week though), or even some shea butter (on the left).
I actually made my own moisturizing butter...
 All this is is coconut oil, cocoa butter, lemon essential oil, some vitamin E oil and a little olive oil if i remember correctly. It's VERY rich and leaves my skin so soft but i only use it at night because it is pretty oily.

About 3 or 4 times a week I do a mask. These totally very on what my skin needs but here are the ones I do most...
1. Avocado mask- just masked avocado and sometimes I'll add a little lemon or vitamin E oil.
2. Honey Lemon- Honey with some fresh lemon juice.
3. Pumpkin Honey- Pumpkin puree with honey OR I'll use the Andalou Pumpkin Honey mask (but it burns a little.)

Now I believe you are what you eat... And for me if I eat junk, I look like junk. :P So the more sugar, and packaged foods I have the worse my skin looks. When I eat clean and stay away from sugar, my skin is great! Oh, and WATER. LOTS of water! 
Here are a couple of things Ive been taking for me skin.
Bilberry is great for lots of things and one of those things is that it's very good for your skin.
The Be Bright oil blend is a blend of hemp, black cumin, coconut, chia, and avocado oils (as you can see I'm loving all forms of avocado for my skin,) and all of those are great for so many things, once again skincare being one of them and I feel like these really do help my skin.

So there you have it, there is my current skincare routine! I'm very happy with it right now and would love to know how you keep clear skin. :)



2 comments: