Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Paleo Pumpkin "Oatmeal"

Since going mostly paleo I have missed my oatmeal. So of course I had to seach paleo oatmeal on pinterest and found a basic recipe. I tweeked it a little to make it more "Fall-y" :)

basic recipe- http://fastpaleo.com/recipe/paleo-oatmealporridge/




1/2 banana
1 heaping tablespoon canned pumpkin
4 tablespoons almond flour
1 teaspoon flax seed meal (or just ground flax seed, it's about the same)
2 teaspoons coconut sugar
1 heaping tablespoon chopped pecans (or almonds or walnuts)
1/4 cup almond milk
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Topping:
chopped pecans
a dash or two cinnamon
chocolate chips

I mashed the banana in a bowl and then added everything else and put it in the microwave for about 40 sec. then stirred it and put it back in for about 25 sec.
Then I just put my toppings on. 
I love this because it taste a lot like normal oatmeal! I find the texture that the almond meal, flax and nuts make is very close to actual oatmeal. I hope you give it a try. 

1 comment: