Tuesday, September 3, 2013

21 Day Sugar Detox.

3rd times the charm right? I hope so. 
Here is my third attempt at a sugar detox. Once again I am still eating fruit since there isn't a lot of veggies I can eat due to digestive issues. 

Day 1:
I started eating a Kind fruit and nut bar, took two bites, looked and the ingredients and saw there was honey. So I gave it to mom. 

Day 2:
No sugar.

Day 3:
No sugar. Definitely feeling the sugar cravings though! Thankfully I have prunes which taste sweet to me and are amazing with almond milk!

Day 4:
No sugar.

When I wanted something sweet I made a green smoothie

Day 5:
No sugar!

Day 6:

No sugar once again.

Day 7:
No sugar! YAY! 

Day 8:
No sugar

Day 9:
No sugar

Day 10: 
No sugar

Day 11:
No sugar

Day 12:
No sugar

Day 13:
No sugar

Day 14:
No sugar

Day 15:
No sugar

Day 16:
No sugar.

UPDATE- So far my acne seems to be getting better and better. I am still getting some due to very sensitive skin that breaks out just by me touching my face or laying on the side of my face. So I'm still trying to get control of that. 
My stomach is perfectly fine if I stay away from all that I need to. Last night I had some squash with onions and had the worst indigestion I have ever had, no onions for me from now on.

Foods that are weird for me.
Here is a list of foods that I can't digest well. (thanks leaky gut (pretty sure I have that))

Banana (I can have a little, but very ripe and not too much)
Peppers
Onions
Squash (once again can have very little)
Broccoli
Cauliflower 
Sweet potatoes/any potatoes (can have very few sweet potatoes)
Corn

Day 17-
I'm not sure if I had sugar or not. We went to the Noodles & Company for our anniversary date (followed by going to see City of Bones) and I got the Pad Thai and I don't know if it had sugar or not.

Day 18 and 19 were again no sugar.
But day 20 and 21 I messed up and had a lot that had sugar :P So I'll have a extra 2 days sometime soon to make up for it. But since going off this I have been having a lot of sugar :P I need to do this again sometime! I am just so hardheaded. While on my detox I got really good at turning sugar down and even having to make different things for dinner than my family was having if it mad the smallest amount of sugar. I would do this again in a heartbeat!

No comments:

Post a Comment