Monday, November 10, 2014

Face Mask Monday- Oatmeal

I know what you might be thinking...Oatmeal on your face? 
YEP! Oatmeal is very calming and soothing to the skin and is great for inflammation (and acne). 

So what I do is cook a little bit of oatmeal either on the stove or put some oats in a bowl and pour hot water over it. Let it set in the fridge till it isn't cold but cool. Then just carefully rub it on damp skin and let it set for about 15 minutes. This is best done in the shower or bath since it can be messy.
After that just remove gently with a warm rag or wet paper towel. (I think the paper towel works best for more sensitive skin like mine.)

I do this almost every night and my skin has looked so much smoother and clearer. It helps brighten my skin and even it out.

Let me know if you try this! 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this recipe! never would have thought how good oats are for the skin also!

    Jennos Health.

    ReplyDelete