Friday, November 1, 2013

Tea Tree Oil for Acne (and more)

Today I wanted to talk about one of my FAVORITE oils! Tea tree oil! It is gold nectar from the skincare heavens for acne! It doesn't ALWAYS work fast, and you HAVE to be consistent with it. Tea tree oil is anti-bacterial and is great for oily or troubled skin.



How I use tea tree oil-

NOTE- Do NOT just apply straight up tea tree oil to your skin. It is very potent and can burn your skin.

Use 1- Toner.
This is my favorite way to use tea tree! Just get a small glass bottle, fill it up with water and had 2 to 4 drops of tea tree oil (no more than 5). Shake it up and spray onto face and neck after cleansing or gently rub over skin with a cotton pad. (I also use this throughout the day to freshen my skin a gt rid of bacteria.)

Use 2- With cleanser.

Sometimes if my acne is really bad I'll add 1 drop of tea tree oil to whatever cleanser I'm using, rub it around in my hands and cleanse my face. 

Use 3- Mix with moisturizer.
Pretty simple. Just mix 1 drop of oil with your moisturizer.

Use 4- Muscle relief bath.
Tea tree oil actually relieves muscle pains, so sometimes I add about 6 drops to my bath water, get a good book, and soak!

Use 5- Muscle relief lotion.
ANNNND if my muscles need even more love I add 2 or 3 drops to my lotion (or coconut oil) and moisturize my body.

How do you like to use tea tree oil?

2 comments:

  1. I use tea tree oil for scrapes. I smoothed it onto a burn I had on my neck from my curling iron. I do not have a scar and I feel its because of the tea tree oil.
    I made the banana chocolate milkshake recipe that I discovered on your blog. It was delicious. I posted the recipe on my blog with a picture. Check it out at:
    www.smile1963.blogspot.com
    Thanks
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh awesome!!
      It is really good! I'll check it out! :)

      Delete