Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Revlon Colorbust Lip Butters, Review and Swatches


Hey everyone, I know it's a bit late, but I wanted to share my thoughts on the Revlon lip butters. 

(Sugar Frosting)
 A good thing you'll notice about these are that the top is see through so you don't have to rely on the color stickers, And you can actually see the true color.
 (Left to right) Sugar Frosting, Creme Brulee, Strawberry Shortcake, Peach Parait, Pink Truffle, Sugar Plum.  
  It might seem a little crazy but yes I have 6 of these, and a pretty good range of light to dark. I don't really like lipstick so these are perfect for me! They have many more shades to. 

(Sugar Frosting, Creme Brulee, Strawberry Shortcake) Sugar Frosting and Creme Brulee are a bit lighter than they appear on camera. Sugar Frosting, A light dusty rose with a hint of a purple lilac color to it is one of my favorites. Creme Brulee is simply a caremel brown nude color, And Strawberry Shortcake (again a favorite) is a nice brighter milky pink.
 Here are my 3 darker colors. Peach Parfait, Pink Truffle, and Sugar Plum. They all look pretty similar but Peach Parfait (once again a favorite) is a coral with gold sparkle but the sparkle doesn't look overdone. Pink Truffle is more of a very dark rose color with a very slight brownish tone to it. Sugar Plum is just that- a nice plum, Although on my lips I think it comes off brighter.
(Sugar Frosting, Creme Brulee, Strawberry Shortcake) As you can see Sugar Frosting is pretty sheer, but you can see it better on the lips. All of these are quite buildable.
 (Peach Parfait, Pink Truffle, Sugar Plum) These come off a bit brighter on my lips. They are much like a lip balm as you can see they are very glossy, which I like! I wouldn't leave them out in the car on a summer day though cause they can melt quite easily.
(Sugar Frosting, Creme Brulee, Strawberry Shortcake, Peach Parait, Pink Truffle, Sugar Plum) Here are all of the colors together, I think these are a great product. They last about 2 hours and stay best with a bit of lip gloss over it. Of course they will fade as you talk, eat, drink, ect.  You don't need a lip balm under these but some of the colors can look a bit chunky without a lip balm, such as Creme Brulee and Strawberry Shortcake, But you can sheer it out, as you can with all of these. But all the other colors are fine on their own. All of these are actually pretty pigmented! Even the lightest one (Sugar Frosting) is, even though it doesn't look like it cause it's so light.  Overall I think these are amazing! They don't dry my lips out and they add gorgeous color! Good pigmentation, good price, good packaging, and a great product! Great for the spring and summer months! I would recommend these to anyone! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment