Saturday, April 21, 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo. Swatches and Review

The Maybelline Color Tattoo's come in 10 different colors, Some being very bright, some being more wearable, These range from $6-$8 at Walmart, Target, CVS, Rite Aid and more. 
 Top left to bottom right- 'Bad to the Bronze', 'Audacious Asphalt', 'Tough as Taupe', 'Pomegranate Punk'
'Bad to the Bronze', 'Audacious Asphalt'
 'Tough as Taupe', 'Pomegranate Punk'
 Left to right- 'Bad to the Bronze', 'Audacious Asphalt' 'Pomegranate Punk', 'Tough as Taupe.

I love these things! They claim to be ''24 hour'', I don't think they last that long, and i don't see why you'd need your eyeshadow to last 24 hours, However they do make my eye makeup last much longer than with just a primer. With a primer, the color tattoo and a eyeshadow over it I'd say it lasts a good 6+ hours, and i get very oily eyelids so i do still need a primer with even these. They are fairly easy to blend when you first apply them but once they dry they won't go anywhere, i had to scrub to get the swatches off my wrist so these will stay put on your eyes and you don't have to worry about them smudging. Many people say they are better than MAC Paint Pots, I wouldn't know cause i've never tried them for myself, but i like these very much and use them whenever i use eyeshadow, The color selection isn't the best if you want wearable colors, I think i got the 4 most neutral colors they have, i hope they come out with more skintone colors because these wear so well! They do fade a bit but not a whole lot,  my favorites are Bad to the Bronze and Tough as Taupe, if you use just a little of Tough as Taupe it gives a really nice wash of a like purple-grey color that i think looks great with brown eyes. i would recommend these for anyone! 

3 comments:

  1. Hey! Oh thank you so much! :) Oh that'd be awesome, I just went over to follow you now :) Thanks so much for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! I love these too, Bad To The Bronze is my favorite. Your blog seems to be starting out really great! Come check out our blog (it's a blog co-owned by my best friend and me)!
    <3 Angela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yeah they are great, i use them every time i do my makeup :) Okay i will!

      Delete